Transport yourself to Spain with this delicious and easy-to-make Pepper Stew with Eggs, or Pisto Manchego. This traditional dish is packed with flavorful vegetables and pairs perfectly with crusty bread for dipping. So why not bring a taste of the Mediterranean to your table tonight? And remember, the key to the perfect Pisto Manchego is patience – let the vegetables stew for at least an hour for maximum flavour!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- Eggs (however many you feel like)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Virgin olive oil
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic.
- Heat a pan on low heat, add olive oil and fry the onion and garlic for 10-15 minutes, until golden.
- Dice the red and yellow peppers and add them to the pan. Fry for 15 minutes more.
- Dice the courgette and add it to the pan together with the chopped tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Mix everything together.
- Cover the pan and let the stew simmer on low heat for at least one hour.
- In a separate pan, fry the eggs in olive oil.
- Serve the stew in bowls, with a fried egg on top of each bowl.
- Enjoy with some nice bread to dip.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious and easy recipe for Pepper Stew with Eggs, and we would love to see your creations!
Share your photos with us by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know how it turned out for you.