Here you will find a variety of online courses designed and proven to help with such conditions.
Format: 3 Hrs. per week over 5 wks.
Start: 27th April.
Time: 2pm – 5 pm.
Location: Dundalk Institute of Technology, Nursing Building, Room M212 / M213.
On this Course students will explore:
• How to develop personal knowledge on how our thoughts, feelings and actions interact to enhance our wellbeing.
• The benefits of empathy, compassion and acceptance.
• Expressing emotions effectively.
• Dealing with fear and challenging emotions.
• Recovery and what it might look like for you and others.
Format: 2 Hrs. per week over 6 wks.
Start Date: 28th April.
Time: 11pm – 1 pm.
Location: LMETB Navan.
Creative song-writing course. Express yourself through the art of song-writing. Channel your creativity and explore/develop talents in a group setting. We believe in the power of stories.
Starting to write a story can seem daunting, yet with guidance and support in a group environment, it can become an enjoyable, healing experience.
On this Course, students will explore:
• Lyrics, Melody, Rhythm, Rhyme, Chords etc…
• Building confidence through playing together
• Lots of different musical instruments (or bring your own)
• Channelling thoughts, feelings and opinions into the artform of song
• Collaborative techniques: learning with and from each other
Format: 2 Days
Date: 28th April
Time: 9 am – 5 pm
Location: The Red Door Project, St. Marys Convent School, Drogheda.
This two day workshop explores the meaning of normal trauma responses to adverse circumstances in life and the implications of unresolved trauma responses.
On Completion Participants Will:
• Have a greater understanding of how people normally respond to and recover from trauma.
• Explore how interrupted abnormal trauma response can impact on individual’s health and how they connect with others.
• Become aware of the relationship between trauma, mental health problems and how people can resolve problems through renegotiating the trauma responses.
• Develop self help tools to understand and alleviate trauma induced distress.
The Core Ireland DNNE Recovery College provides free recovery educational courses thhat take an empowering and inclusive approach to mental health and wellbeing.
Our mental healthy recovery programmes aim to create a culture of recovery in the community through the Core DNNE Recovery College. We provide transformative educational courses which are accessible to anyone who wants to learn about mental health recovery. The courses are co-produced by those with lived experience, family members, and professionals who work within the mental health services.
Our list of courses include:
• My Home The Sanctuary
• Moving Beyond Stigma
• Thoughts, Feelings and Actions
• Creative Writing
• Infected With Happiness Through Art
• Act The Maggot Through Drama
• Sing Out!
Once registered you will receive a phone call from us to confirm your registration and then an email with all the details on the course start date and how to attend your course. You will need access to a Computer or Phone with Zoom installed on it
To Register for your selected course, you can Contact us by:
Phone (085) 2289579
Or simply click the button below.
We aim to provide high quality affordable courses with our partners.
Help us to spread the word by sharing this with your friends on social media.
Can I choose to do more than one course?
Yes. You can choose as many courses as you like to suit your schedule.
Will I need any material for the courses?
No, course material will be provided.
How long will the courses take?
Each course varies but the average is approximately 2 hours per week over 4 to 6 weeks. The information is available in the course description.
Are the courses assessed?
Please send any questions you may have to email@example.com